Choose the type of information you seek
- Merger Screening
2. Establishing jurisdiction for notification of mergers
2.3 General thresholds
Merger control filing is required when:
- all the undertakings concerned achieved an aggregate turnover in Italy exceeding EUR 498,000,000 in the last financial year; and
- each of at least two of the undertakings concerned achieved a turnover in Italy exceeding EUR 30,000,000 in the last financial year.
2.4 Other national thresholds for ex ante merger control (e.g. sector-specific rules)
There are a number of sector specific merger control rules under Italian law requiring filing:
- Cinema services: acquisitions causing an incremental increase of the market share of the undertakings concerned of more than 25% in one of the main Italian cities.
- Transactions involving the following sectors: communication, critical technology and infrastructure, national defense and security, transportation and the energy sector.
and last updated on 31-10-2019 by
Legal Cross Border has itself provided all input about merger control in Italy. This information has been gathered and validated by our in-house lawyers to guarantee the highest quality outcome. This said, we are currently looking for a local partner to cover Merger Control Italy - please contact us if you would like to be our new partner.