Choose the type of information you seek
- Merger Screening
2. Establishing jurisdiction for notification of mergers
2.3 General thresholds
Merger control filing is required when:
- the combined aggregate turnover of the undertakings concerned is at least EUR 30,000,000 in Latvia; and
- the turnover of each of at least two of the undertakings concerned is EUR 1,500,000 in Latvia.
The competition authorities may review a transaction on their own initiative if:
- at least two of the undertakings concerned are active in the same market with a combined market share of 40%; and
- there is a “reasonable suspicion” that the concentration creates or strengthens a dominant position or significantly lessens competition in the market; and
- the concentration has an effect on competition in Latvia.
In order to pre-empt post-merger control, the parties may opt to voluntarily file the transaction.
2.4 Other national thresholds for ex ante merger control (e.g. sector-specific rules)
and last updated on 01-05-2019 by
Legal Cross Border has itself provided all input about merger control in Latvia. This information has been gathered and validated by our in-house lawyers to guarantee the highest quality outcome. This said, we are currently looking for a local partner to cover Merger Control Latvia - please contact us if you would like to be our new partner.